Here’s all you need to know ahead one this eagerly-anticipated showpiece, the Championship Playoff Final at Wembley with one team gaining promotion to the promised land of the Premier League next season.
Brentford put a duo of losses against Stoke and Barnsley behind them to storm into the final with a 3-1 second leg semifinal win, advancing 3-2 at the expense of Swansea City. Ten of Fulham’s 11 Championship regular-season defeats saw them trail at halftime so they’ve got the capabilities of coming from behind if they do so at Wembley.
Brentford vs Fulham key details
- 🗓 4 August 2020
- 🏟 Wembley Stadium
- ⌚️ 21:45 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
🔴 Brentford (4-3-3):
Raya; Dalsgaard, Jansson, Pinnock, Henry; Marcondes, Norgaard, Jensen; Mbuemo, Watkins, Benrahma
⚪️ Fulham (4-2-3-1):
Rodek; Christie, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed, Cairney; Knockaert, Onamah, Kamara; Reid
Key betting facts
- The Bees have won 22, drawn six and lost just nine of their past 37 Championship contests, accumulating a +43 goal difference.
- Brentford were also the top-scorers in the Championship regular season.
- Fulham won 17 points from a possible 21 in the run-in to the playoffs.
- Fulham has only beaten Brentford once in the last 10 meetings between the sides (W1 D3 L6).
- Since 1998, 13 (62%) Championship playoff finals have reached the 90-minute mark with fewer than three goals.
- 48% of those 21 finals since 1998 produced no more than a single goal, including five of the last seven.
- 15 of the last 16 teams to score first in a Championship playoff final have gone on to gain promotion.
Important Notice: Need free prediction to add money to your pocket? here’s our free picks for today >>> click here